Prof. Isaac Getz
Topic : Managing Employee Ideas for Performance
Isaac Getz is a professor of Idea, Involvement, and Innovation Management at the ESCP-EAP and was Visiting Professor at Cornell, Stanford and the University of Massachusetts. He graduated in Computer Science, and then obtained a M.Sc. in Management Science, and Ph.D. in Psychology. Before becoming a professor, he worked for several years in the area of Information Systems.
Dr. Getz is an expert in Idea & Innovation Management. He has already transformed many companies and organizations around the world such as Crédit Agricole, Laser-Cofi noga, BBVA, CNAM, Gaz de France, Thomson, France Telecom, Siemens, Philips, STMicroelectronics, Intel, Oracle, Toshiba, Airbus, Air France Industries, Royal Air Maroc, Delphi, Dana, GKN, Faurecia, A. Raymond, Toyota, Renault, GM-Opel, Michelin, Pirelli, Rexam, Carrefour, Saint Louis Sucre, Pimkie-Orsay.
In 2003-2004, Dr. Getz has co-authored with Alan Robinson a book (entitled Your Ideas Change Everything in French; InnovationsPOWER in German, prefaced by Heinrich v. Pierer, Siemens CEO; De innovatiekracht van ideeën in Dutch; Tus ideas lo cambian todo in Spanish; Italian edition is in preparation) which details the key role of Systems for Managing Ideas in improving corporate financial performance, innovation, and sustainable growth. It was one of the 3 finalists for the Manpower Award of the Best
Book of the year in France.
Dr. Getz’s work has been featured in the Wall Street Journal, Financial
Times,Fortune, Le Figaro Entreprises, Les Echos, Entreprise, l’Usine
Nouvelle, Stratégies, Liaisons Sociales, Il Tempi, BFM, RAI, TV5, and other
Session 1: Presentation
• Why creativity and employees’ ideas are important?
• Who is producing most and best of the ideas?
• What can be done concerning employees’ ideas?
Session 2: Working together in groups
• What concrete and measurable results would you expect for your company if it adopts a world-class Idea System
• What are the issues & questions a group has regarding the setting up of such system in a company
Session 3: Discussion and exchanges
• The round table exchange regarding the expected results
• Answering and discussing the implementation issues